Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Monday, September 26, 2016

What Dad was in Sunnyside (week 63)

It has been another great week here in Sunnyside. Sad to say that I'm going to be leaving and heading to another area This Wednesay, I'm going to be transferred to Mission Ridge in Wenatchee. There I'll continue to be district leader and I will be greenie busting Elder Adams. Its going to be great. I'll be living with the zone leaders up there which will be a lot of fun. Elder Bergman is going to be transferred to Yakima east with Elder Palacios. The two of them are going to finish training each other. That was a little surprising when we found out. I didn't expect to be double out of Sunnyside seeing that I was doubled into this area just three transfers ago. I know that this is going to be a good change for the area and it strengthens my testimony that the Lord has a plan for each one of us and he puts us in places so we can help the people in the time that they need help. This is going to be another wonderful transfer. 

I'm going to guess that you would like to hear my side of dad coming to Sunnyside. Here it is. So Friday night as we were getting ready for bed brother Anderson sent us a text to make sure that we were going to be at the service on Saturday. I didn't make much of the text until I found out that dad stayed the night at their house and was probably involved in asking. So Friday morning when we got to the breakfast for the service project brother weaver and the Toppenish elders kept asking me if I had gotten any news. I had no idea what they were talking about but I had a guess that it had to do with dad passing through during his trip. Then while painting the house someone finally told me that dad stayed the night and went to the football game Friday night. It hadn't gone through my head that dad would stay the night with the Andersons. I though it was a possibility he'd pass through town but not stay a whole night. Then the Andersons had us over Sunday night so they could give me my package and so the English elders could share a message with them. They said that dad is a bunch of fun and that they had a great time getting to know you. It is so cool to know that you were able to have that experience. Sunnyside is the best! 

This past week we also had an attack of maggots. I didn't get to see the full extent of it because I was in the shower when they found them all but, from what the other elders tell me there were a bunch. We took a bunch of time vacuuming and cleaning the whole apartment to make sure we got rid of them. We are pretty sure that we got them all out. At least our apartment is a lot cleaner. 

We had an awesome district council this past week. We were able to have a great discussion on what our teaching ruts are and how we can get out of them. We made chart with the teaching ruts we fall into and the ways we can get out of them. One of the biggest take-aways was that we need to search out the spirit and follow its guidance. When we do so we will be able to better teach people and we will be able to avoid teaching rote lessons. We were also able to have a great role play on finding when teaching and teaching when finding. We had two missionaries teaching an investigator and then a person would interrupt the lesson in some random way. The idea was that we need to make the most of every situation we have to talk to other people. whether in a lesson or knocking doors. We have an awesome district here and I'm sad that I have to leave them this week. 

This is going to be another great week and hopefully y'alls back home have a great week too. 

With love,
Elder Boren


                                               Last week we had carne asada as a zone for P-day.
 District picture. We were joined by the zone leaders (sitting) and Elder Palacios whose trainer went home for medical reasons. 
                                   At the service painting houses. We had a little fun while painting. 
Elder Wilson Telling us the game plan

No comments:

Post a Comment