Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Monday, October 3, 2016

I made it to Wenatchee, that apple capitol (week 64)

I made it to Wenatchee. The apple capitol of the world. Sadly I haven't seen much of the apples they talk about. Maybe I need to wait for it to get deeper into apple season. My new companion is Elder Adams. He is from Massachusetts. I'm also sharing an apartment with our zone leaders Elder Call and Elder Aguire. This transfer is going to be a blast.  This area is a walking area which shouldn't be too bad but, will take a bit of getting used to. We have to plan things well so we have time to walk to our appointments. We also serve in a Spanish ward which is exciting. It means we have a lot more people we can work with to help fellowship those we are teaching. 

General Conference was great. We went up to the stake center to watch all the sessions with just about all the missionaries in our zone. Only during the Sundaysessions were we really joined by any members. There were so many great talks and lots to learn. I loved the focus on the basic doctrines and principles of the gospel. As we talked some after the conference we noticed that the talks taught us simply about the restoration, the plan of salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I really enjoyed the talk that President Monson gave Sunday morning on the plan of salvation. The spirit was so strong and testified that our Heavenly Father has called a prophet today. I had also read through section 121 of the doctrine and covenants and during conference I noticed that a lot of the talk refereed or related to that section. I'm looking forward for the opportunity we have to go back an review the talks that were given this weekend. I think back to the talk that Elder Holland gave back in April about how we need to remember those spiritual experiences and especially what we learn and feel during conference. 

We have had a pretty good week here in Wenatchee. I don't have too many stories to share this time around but, I'll work on getting some. But we have been having some fun as we get to know each other and as I learn the area and the people that live in it. I'm looking forward to an awesome week and a great transfer. I hope all is well with all of you. Enjoy another great week!

With love,
Elder Boren.
                                                    Right before leaving to the transfer site. 
                                             Me, Elder Nielson, Elder Bergman, and Elder Palacios
                                           The Copeland family with Elder Bergman and I
One Last goodbye to the Rocha family. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment