Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Thursday, May 11, 2017

having a great week (week94)

This week has been great. The weather has started getting warmer and it is so much more enjoyable. As long as we don't have humid days here it's nothing I can't handle.The wind is still going but, it seems like it is going to be dying down soon. This past week we also had a thunderstorm. I think it was the first one I've seen here on my mission. We heard from the members that the storm took out power over in Idaho. Luckily nothing bad happened here in Quincy. In Quincy the wind is more dangerous than the thunderstorms. The wind this past week knocked over some trees in the other elder's area and they helped clean it up.

Our investigators are doing great. One of the young women we are working with has a baptismal date set for May 20th. She is really working towards it and has a strong desire to do what is right. She asks some of the best questions and has been reading and praying every night. She came to church this past Sunday for her third time and was able to stay all three hours. It may have gotten her a little confused but, I think that is going to lead to her having a desire to know more and better understand the gospel. The ward has been helping quite a bit with teaching. We had our ward mission leader to a lesson with us Saturday and he really helped put everything into a real life perspective for her. I have seen that it really is true that the youth are so much more prepared to receive this gospel. It also helps a bit that we can better relate to them since we are the same age. A lot of the people we have been finding are younger. They are more open to talk to us and are curious to learn more. We have noticed that most of them know about Christ and what he did but, don't really know why it was necessary. That usually gives us a great opportunity to teach and help them apply Christ and his atonement to their lives. I love when we have that opportunity. I've also noticed that many of the youth are great at fellowshiping their friends. We have one of the laurels working with another investigator of ours and she really works to make sure that she is learning and understanding. She even called her friend and invited her to the church to have a lesson with us. Member missionary work is amazing.

Quincy has been great and I love this place. We decided that this transfer we are going to take all our p-day time and explore the area and do the fun things the place has to offer. We got bored of p-day in Ephrata.

We are looking forward to another great week and I hope all y'all have a great week too. 

Con amor,
Elder Boren


letter to Mom, some of it is a repeat from above

Mom,

Our investigators are doing great. One of the young women we are working with has a baptismal date set for May 20th. She is really working towards it and has a strong desire to do what is right. She asks some of the best questions and has been reading and praying every night. She came to church this past Sunday for her third time and was able to stay all three hours. It may have gotten her a little confused but, I think that is going to lead to her having a desire to know more and better understand the gospel. The ward has been helping quite a bit with teaching. We had our ward mission leader to a lesson with us Saturday and he really helped put everything into a real life perspective for her. I don't hear too much from other recent converts but, I do hope to get into better contact with them once I get home. Letters are just a bit of a hassle. Quincy has been great and I love this place. We decided that this transfer we are going to take all our p-day time and explore the area and do the fun things the place has to offer. We got bored of p-day in Ephrata. I'm not to sure if it will be my last area. I want it to but we will see when the next transfer comes around. Either Elder Klossner or I will probably leave after this one. I think the area I've enjoyed the most is a choice between Royal Camp and Sunnyside. I'd have to say Sunnyside because I had more opportunities to interact with other missionaries and there were so many great members there. The weather has started getting warmer and It is so much more enjoyable. As long as we don't have humid days here it's nothing I can't handle. There will defiantly be things that I miss about Washington. Like all the fresh produce. 

I'll make sure to talk to him about it. I'll even include it in my email to him this week. I think our next interview is Wednesday the 24th.  (Mission President to give him an all clear for BYU so I can sign him up for his class for fall semester)

It's good to hear that you are finding out what has been messing with Riley's stomach. I'd imagine that having chipotle all the time wouldn't be good for you. I think he'll do fine not being able to eat spicy for for a while. If he is better when I get home I can make him a big batch of some homemade salsa.  (3rd son had stomach issue's thinking it is ulcers as for now)

Does our stake have a YSA branch or do they all just go to the one in Allen? I have to agree that reading scriptures really does help us focus on God and truly trust in him. 

That must have been a cool experience for the sister. Last year Elder Sanchez tried to let the member family know without me knowing but, I over heard him when he told them.  (about celebrating and surprising missionaries on their birthday's.

Why did they have a buyback on the jetta?  (VW scandal that our car was involved in)

I did get the Easter package. Sorry that I forgot to mention that. 

Love you,
Elder Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment