Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Baptism and Transfer week (week 87)

I don't know how but, Washington threw even more snow at us. And then it all melted in a couple days. Almost as weird as the snow in Texas. The weather here has been rather good other than that freak snow. It has been off and on cold. What comes next is the crazy wind that the members are telling us we need to watch out for. 

I almost forgot to tell y'all about transfers. So Elder Wright is going to be transferred to the Mission Ridge Spanish area. My old area. He is going to be replacing Elder Enderton and serving with Elder Palacios. I'm going to be recieving Elder Klossner who is coming from Othello 3rd and 4th. My first area. Other than that there aren't really any changes. I'm looking forward to another transfer. 

So before I move on I want to extend a shout out to the awesome sisters serving in the Melissa 1st and 2nd wards. They sent me an email asking me who I knew that they could invite to learn about the gospel. You have some great missionaries serving back home. 

I am so grateful for the ability I have to serve as a missionary. There may be days where it is harder than most but, it is all worth it when we get to see the difference it makes in the lives of others. I am so thankful for the opportunity we had to see that this past Saturday at the baptism of the Williamson family. I was able to see that change in Derek and it was great. As we met with them I could see the repentance process working in him and ultimately the great joy he felt at his baptism. The baptism went really well. When everyone was first showing up the bishop didn't think we'd all fit in the relief society room where the font was so we went to the chapel. Then we moved back to the same room and like magic we all fit although it was a little more cozy than the chapel. It was such a great baptism and it is really going to bless the lives of that family and the many more people they influence. They are already shooting for a goal of getting sealed in the temple and it is exciting to hear. I love being able to see that change. 

We have been doing really well here in Quincy and we are working on finding more way to get more involved with the members and help them become more involved in missionary work. We have been thinking up ways to work more with the youth and we have seen some success already. We are going to continue doing so and we hope to see the Lord's hand in it.

This week is going to be awesome. We have transfers Wednesday and zone conference with Elder Uceda Friday. I hope y'all have a great week as well.

Con Amor,
Elder Boren
 The Williamson Baptism Saturday (Left to right; Me, Derek, Sylvia, Dave, Ken, Elder Wright)
                                         Dinner at the Hodge family farm. They have horses.
                We went and walked dogs at the animal shelter. Elder Davis loved this dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment