Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Riding Dinosaurs (week 49)

We had such a great week here in Sunnyside. It seems like it was just the other day that I was writing an email home and now here I am again. Not too much happened this past week but what we got to do was a bunch of fun.

We have been teaching an investigator named Eric and we have been trying to get him to see the importance of him getting baptized even though he just got baptized last year into another church. We asked to him come to church on Sunday praying to find the answer to whether he should be baptized or not. He cam yesterday and told us that he enjoyed it. We are going to see him again this Tuesday to talk to him a bit more that the little conversation we had at church. I'll keep you updated. 

I went on exchanges with Elder Johnson this last week and it was a blast. We had the bike since it was Wednesday, but we didn't really ride much. His is a very bold missionary and gave me an example of how to be bold yet show love to those we meet and teach. We got to talk to some great people while out knocking doors. I figured out that being bold is the best way to find those that have been prepared (red tomatoes). I think it would help out a lot knowing who is prepared and not in our area so I'm gonna work on the showing love with boldness thing. 

I think I'm starting to better understand this whole Spanish thing. I've known how to speak it and I defiantly know what people are saying but I think I'm finally getting a really good grasp on the whole grammar and structure part. I've gotten better with studying grammar and now I can easily notice when certain verb tenses are being used and some other grammar structures. I still have a bunch to go and I still have to put it into practice but its getting better. 

We have ourselves a great week a head and hopefully not a hot one. I hope all is well back home and everyone is having a fun summer.

Con Amor,
Elder Boren
                                                        There are lots of cool dino statues.

                                                             Pretty sweet huh?

                                                       Ridding our velociraptors to victory

Gotta go fast

No comments:

Post a Comment