Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Transfer week (week 45)

As you probably know this week is transfer week. Elder Sanchez is going to be staying here in Royal and going to be companions with Elder Etter. I'm getting doubled into Sunnyside with Elder Steadman. It has been a great three months here in Royal but it looks like it's time for me to work in another area of the mission. It is going to be fun getting doubled in again.
We have had ourselves a great week here on the Royal Slope. Some thing awesome that happened last week on p-day is that I saw Elaine (Our recent convert in Othello 3rd) at walmart. I got to talk to her for a little and saw that she is doing very well and has gotten full custody of her kids. It is so great having tender mercies like that. The rest of the day was really good and we were able to see a few investigators that night.
This past week I went on two different exchanges. The first one was with Elder Shugart in Othello and the other was with Elder Medina in Royal. Going on exchanges with Elder Shugart to Othello was great. I got to be in my first area and see people I haven't seen in a while. One of those being Hermano Serna. I also got to see one of the less active members that we were working with in Othello. They are starting to work with him to go to the temple! So cool to hear how the different members are progressing. I also got to know Elder Shugart a little more and even cooler is that he just got called to be assistant to the president. He is such a great missionary and it will be fun to see him in that new role. I also got to learn more about helping current investigators become progressing investigators. We have to do those things that will show them that we really care and help them understand why they need to be keeping commitments. When I whet on exchanges with Elder Medina it was actually my birthday. It was a little different having a birthday on the mission but it was still enjoyable. We got to visit Anastacio and talk with him about the importance of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Saturday we of course got our transfer calls and the news that came with it. We were also able to visit with one of Anastacio's sons. It was a little stressful as he was drunk and being very stern. I discovered comfort as I focused on the fact that he is a child of God and that he has so much potential to change for the better. He isn't interested right now but he gave us permission to work with the rest of his family. We hope that he will see their example and want to follow. We were also able to get to know them more yesterday while we had carne asada at their house. We went with president cortez, Anastacio's member son, and his family. It was great as most of the conversation was centered on missionary work.
I am looking forward to a great week and another great transfer. One thing I was wondering if you could do for me is get pocket sized children's hymnbook. I hope all is well back home.
with love,
Elder Boren
I went on exchanges with Elder Shugart in Othello and got to see hermano Serna. Going on exchanges in old areas if fun.
Some members made me a cherry cheesecake. 

All the cherries are almost ready for harvest.

All my ties at the end of this transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment