Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Monday, October 26, 2015

Transfer week (week 15)

Transfers have happened and now I am no longer with my father. I now live with my step-dad and he is teaching me his ways. We live right around the corner from my dad so all is well. My new companion is from Amarillo Texas which is awesome. He is an awesome Elder and I can't wait for all the things I will be able to learn from him. We have a good transfer ahead of us and maybe even more. It is going to be a great transfer because we have both Halloween and Thanksgiving in these six weeks. We already have thanksgiving diner scheduled with one of the families here in Othello. And we are going to go the ward trunk-or-treat before we have to go in for the night at 6. As a zone we are also going to have a pumpkin carving contest. Elder Mercado and I are going to win. We plan on carving the temple into our pumpkin as to win over the judges. Our judges are going to be the stake presidency here in the Othello Stake. I think Elder Turley and Elder Tanner are going to do spider-man or some other super hero. 

Not much has happened this past week. Transfers and a slight area change have made things different. I am still in Othello 3rd ward but I am not in the same Spanish area. The zone leaders changed my Spanish area so that it is the same boundaries as the 3rd ward. I don't know any of the people in this new area so Elder Mercado and I get to know the area together. Good thing Elder Tanner is still here and can answer any questions we have about the area. 

The investigators we have in English are going great. They are progressing and we can see some changes occurring in their lives. Our investigator Linda has been coming to church the past two Sundays and is enjoying it. A lot of the gospel doctrine is stuff that she had already known some of and she is not afraid to express her thoughts or ask questions in gospel doctrines class. She is still getting used to us and isn't comfortable enough to pray out loud with us yet. We have another lesson with her this week and hopefully we can get her on-date. 

Lots of our less actives in the 3rd ward are making progress and are coming to church more often. Not all of them made it to church this past Sunday but we can continue to work with them. I love being able to work close with the bishops here. They are both great guys and are really in tune with the spirit. The bishop in the Spanish ward is also really good on the barbecue. (Gonna have to step it up dad) The wards are making some changes top try and really reach out to those that are less active and get them to church. They are going to focus all their home teaching efforts on the less actives and only giving one family for each companionship to visit. Its going to help them focus on who they visit and really teach them to their needs.

My ponderize scripture for this week is going to be 1 John 2:10 

"He that Loveth his brother abideth in light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him."

I really like this scripture and it shows that if we are able to love other we will find ourselves less likely to stumble when trials come. I found it when I was reading through the hymns and looked at "Brightly Beams out Fathers Mercy".

It hasn't gotten too cold here yet but it is starting to get there. There really isn't a big store anywhere near so I'll have to get something at Walmart to get me by until I can get something better. We are riding bikes right now but we are high on the list to get a car here soon. Hopefully it comes before we start freezing while we are riding. Not really any new foods yet. Most of the food is stuff I've had before. Elder Turley liked the chili. I want to try cooking more foods so sending some recipes would be great. 

Con Amor,
Elder Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment