Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

updating our books (week 77)

I have had a great past week. It hasn't been that cold, but sadly it's going to be getting a little colder this week. It's time to layers up and find lots of opportunities to get inside and warm up.
We have been going through our area book and looking for people to visit. We have also been working to make sure it is all organized and up-to-date. It can get frustrating at times when people don't update records and there is nothing to help us see how we can help those people progress. I'm still trying to get better at updating it myself. While we have been going though the area book we have found some great people that have been prepared even more as time has gone by. We now have some more people to teach and we are keeping pretty busy. We are going to keep looking for those that have been prepared and continue teaching those we already have so that we can reach the goals that we set for ourselves.
As I was reading in the scriptures this week I got to the part where it talks about captain Moroni. I love all the different attributes that he shows the example of. He did Joy in liberty and freedom, his heart did swell with thanksgiving, he labored exceedingly for the welfare of the people, and he was strong in the faith of Christ. He sets such a great example for each of us. We can also look to the examples of the other prophets of the scriptures and we should always be looking to the example of Jesus Christ. There is so much to learn in the scriptures and I'm looking forward to what I can learn this week.
I hope all y'all have a great week and have some great studying time.
Love ya,
Elder Boren




I thought I would include a picture of my marking in the scriptures.

Inline image 1
This is probably my most marked chapter. So much to learn from what Nephi is teaching us here. And I'm thankful for the scripture indexing thing I got for Christmas. It helps a lot.

Inline image 1
I had a cough really bad last Monday and Elder Aguirre prescribed me some medicine. A jolly rancher, some homemade salsa, and actual cough medicine. I went for the jolly rancher.
Inline image 2
I don't know how well you can read this, but I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment