Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Lost my name badge (week 80)

We have had a great week here in Wenacthee. It was a little disappointing loosing my name tag but, it gave me a reason to order some new ones. And now I get to be elder Aguirre for a couple weeks until I get mine. It has also been great as the weather has gotten warmer and the snow has started to melt. The only down side to all the snow melting is that it make for a lot of slush and lot of big puddles. It has meant that my shoes have gotten pretty wet some days. This past week we also went to Olive Garden for Elder Aguirre's birthday. That was a fun time since we were able to go as a district. 

This past week zone conference was cancelled and is going to be tomorrow instead. Because it got moved we had to have district council this past week. It was a little bit of a surprise for me since our district does district council on Tuesday and we got the news on Monday.  Thankfully I was able to take some time Monday evening and Tuesday morning to make some preparations to guide the district in learning. It was great as we looked at how Ammon teaches in Alma chapter 18. There is so much he does to help King Lamoni understand and it helps us as missionaries see how we can apply the teaching skills taught in Preach My Gospel. We were also able to do some great role plays to help up apply those same principles to our teaching. 

This week we are going to be having zone conference on Tuesday and the worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday. We will also be having transfer calls on Saturday. That is all going to make for a quick and busy week. We'll see what changes this week brings us. I hope that all y'all enjoy your week as well. 

Con Amor,
Elder Boren

So this past week I lost my name tag for my coats. So now I'm going to be Elder Aguirre until my new ones get here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment