Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Monday, November 7, 2016

picture overload and transfers (week 69)

Part 1
Transfer time! So I'm going to send this email first so everyone can know what the transfer is. Then I will send my normal email after. So Elder Adams is going to be transferred to Othello 2nd and 4th wards. He is going to be companions with Elder Steadman. I am going to be training and receiving a missionary from the MTC. I am so excited for another opportunity to work with a missionary straight out of the MTC. It is a great learning experience. Elder call, current zone leader, is going home today and Elder Aguirre is going to be receiving Elder Miles. Elder Sanchez is going to be the other spanish district leader in the zone. I am super excited for him to be here. And Elder Bergman is going to be in Elder Sanchez's district. I am also excited for that. It is going to be a family reunion! It is going to be a great transfer. 

Part 2

A large chunk of this email is going to be based of questions from my brother Riley. Here it goes. 

What is the best way to spend your p-day? 

So on p-day we have a normal schedule up to the point that after companionship study we begin our preparation. We usually grab a bunch of things that we need and head to the stake center to write. We do that from 10:30 to 12:00. After we do that we go and do shopping. We go to a grocery outlet her in town and sometimes to Wal-mart. That is our time to stock up on food for the week. I tend to buy a bunch of bags of pasta and I keep stocked on rice. We usually all work together on food so we have plenty. After we do our shopping we go back to our apartment o eat something quick and clean up the apartment. Then the rest of the time is up to what we feel like doing. We like to play a bunch of soccer as a zone (Not all the zone likes soccer, but we can get a big enough group for it). I'm hoping that we can think of some more fun things to do. We are going to be planning a carne asada (Mexican Barbecue) some time this transfer. We will hopefully have some other fun activities soon. 

What is your favorite thing to do as a missionary?

My favorite thing to do as a missionary would probably have to be talking to new people. I love being able to meet people I've never met before and then share the gospel with them. Its fun as we are able to invite them to draw closer to Christ and feel the joys that we have seen in our own lives. Of course I love all the other things we get to do. 

What is the hardest thing you've had to do? 

I think the hardest thing I've had to do as a missionary is to stop teaching someone because they don't want to listen any more or aren't progressing (Known as dropping an investigator). Its hard because we want them to experience the blessings, but sometimes they aren't ready. It is good to know that our imprints on them will eventually lead them to searching the truth later on. 

What is the most important thing to be prepared for before going on your mission?

The most important thing for preparing for a mission is gaining a testimony of the things that we as missionaries teach. Start studying the scriptures. Take time to Study them and not just read through. You gain so much more that way. Read in preach my gospel and be a missionary before you get your call to serve. I wish I had more experiences with the missionaries back home. Don't be afraid to invite your friends to hear the gospel. There are a lot of things I could suggest for preparing for a mission, but I would say the most important is gaining a testimony. 

What is your most embarrassing experience and funniest?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any embarrassing experiences. I'll have to think of some and get back with a story next week. I think the funniest ones are when we say the wrong word in Spanish. We all get to have a laugh and it lightens up the mood. One example is as we were talking to some people they asked if we were the mormons and Elder Adams said that that was just a pollo (A chicken) when he was meaning  to say apodo (Nickname).

What is your favorite thing about your area?

I think my favorite thing is that it is a walking area. I do enjoy having a car in the area, but walking means that I have more opportunities to talk to everyone. Although it does get a little rough as it gets colder. Thankfully our area isn't huge. 

I hope those were good enough answers. If there are any other questions go ahead and ask whenever. 

We have two investigators that are pretty solid. One is Raphael. He has a very large understanding of religion and the bible. When we taught him the apostasy and the restoration he testified that it would be true and then went on to explain how the catholic church has lost its authority and how the bible was changed by people. He has tons of great questions and we can tell that he is truly searching for the truth. The other is Jessie and she has some great questions as well. She is looking for the true church and is willing to work to find it. 

We have had a great week and we are looking forward to another full of some changes and time to serve the lord. I hope everyone enjoys their week. 

With love,
Elder Boren

now for all the pictures

                                                          District council in the van
                                               Another of us digging under the house.
                                                      District lunch at Applebees
                                                               Our Zone at the temple. 


                                         We had district council in the mini van. It was a great time. 

                                  A cool mayan mural painted into the side of a guys terrace garden. 
                                                               A circle of our name tags. 


                                                      The Columbia River Temple. So pretty!

                                 A group of us that were in Othello a year ago. Good memories. 

                                    A picture with my companion Elder Adams. He is awesome. 

 We did some digging under a non-members home for some service. I was very dirty by the end of it
                                                     Elder Aguirre, one of our zone leaders.

This is the group of us after the service. This is a picture from a previous time where we didn't get as dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment