Mission Address

Washington Yakima Mission
1006 S 16th Ave
Yakima, WA 98902

Friday, December 16, 2016

Its snowing here. (week 74)

We have been having a great week here in Wenatchee Washington. It snowed so now there is a bunch of white stuff on the ground and it got all slippery. Hopefully it doesn't snow too much more. They say it used to snow a ton, but the weather changed and now they don't get as much. Thankfully the fact that there is snow on the ground means that it doesn't feel as cold as it actually is. 

This last week we had our Christmas gathering down in Quincy. That was a ton of fun and I'm glad I got to see a lot of familiar faces. I got to see Elder Adams and Elder Steadman as well as Elder Buchanan. There were many more, but I think I'll hold off on making a list. We got to sing Mary did you know and that was a lot of fun. I'll have to get the video from Brother Clive her some time soon. After I do that I'll share it with you. There were so many great stories shared and the spirit was so strong as we shared our testimonies of the Savior. We got to watch Ephraim's rescue and I loved it. I think I've seen the movie before, but there were parts that I don't remember. It was still a good reminder of the importance of always being worthy and being prepared to serve the Lord in a moments notice. I'm so thankful for this gospel and the amazing blessings we are able to see because of it. The movie also reminded me that all the stories and miracles that happened in the Bible and Book of Mormon are possible today as well if we have the faith to make them happen. 

This past week I was also able to go on exchanges with Elder Aguirre. We had three lessons and got to find some really great people. Starting with the night before in planning Elder Aguirre asked me where he though we should go tracting the next day. We took out a map and started to look at all the possibilities. My attention kept getting drawn to a part of their area that was a fairly English speaking part. I kept putting it off and thinking of other places that sounded more productive to me. The feeling that we should go to that one area kept coming and so I deiced that that was where we would tract. So the next day while we were going about our plans we made it to the part where we would tract in the more English area. I wasn't expecting there to be anyone who spoke spanish on the street. When we got to the third door to my surprise we found a spanish speaking family. They let us right in and we were able to teach the restoration to the father. He was very interested and we set up a return appointment. The spirit was strong in the lesson and I am so glad that I listened to the spirit's promptings from the night before. I love the experiences like that!

We have been having a great time here and I'm thankful for all the experiences I have that teach me how I can improve. I hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season and that everyone has a fantastic week. 

With love,
Elder Boren
                                                                     Snow!!
                             Some cool lights on someones porch when I went on exchanges with elder Aguirre.           
We got our stockings up. We all ended up having the same stockings except for Elder Enderton.

No comments:

Post a Comment